Sunday, January 5, 2014

Exercising my options

Happy New Year!

Have you written down your New Year's resolutions yet?

I haven't.  Mine are still intentions.  

At this point, I can't even vow to write more often.  That could be a good thing. 

Although I have made some personal plans for 2014, I can't say I have committed to making resolutions.  I know there are a few changes I wish to make but nothing requiring commitment - just action! 

Moving my household and moving my body more often are a couple of the things I would like to see transpire in 2014.   Finances, time and availability could determine success with one but there are no excuses for the other! 

If anything, I can make it a habit to stretch my body every morning before and after serving the cats' breakfast plus move my arms, knees and hips more while performing household chores.  




The kids and the cats may be annoyed at first but they're getting used to my strange new ways. Just imagine what can happen if we add some Salsa and wine! 


A fridge magnet I picked up during a wine country tour this past summer.

Gizmodo offers 5 Tricks for Sticking to Your New Year's Exercise Resolutions.  Except for the Technologize section, they all look like very helpful tricks.  

There are even smart phone apps to help people reach their goals.  I lean to agree with the curmudgeon-y commenters, scoffing at the reliance on technology to commit to good habits and healthy lifestyles. 

I may explore some of the options on my new smart phone - just to see if some of the apps are helpful, you know.  Shortly after purchasing it, I vowed to family and friends not to be a jerk by pulling it out during in-person gatherings, coffee chats or meetings.  

One of my goals for 2014 is to expand my circle of friends and connections, welcoming in those who have interesting experiences and ideas to share, as well as positive outlooks on life.  

I am looking forward to see the past year's meandering activities and unaccomplished goals slither off into distant memories, and the new year to gallop in with opportunities.




However you approach them, I wish you good luck with your 2014 goals, intentions and … resolutions. 

- - - - - -

If you enjoy my writing style and true blonde wit, I invite you to read The Year of the Rabbit.   

Thanks for dropping by.

T




No comments:

Post a Comment