Sunday, February 17, 2013

Oh! The irony! Technology and Writing



Am I creating, consuming or just wasting time?

The following was a test of composing and publishing a blog post using an iPad Mini, Safari and Chrome.  It proved to be a royal pain in the ASCII. 

----------

I would like to get in more creative writing these days.  Seems that most of what I have been writing lately is about electronic distractions and how they are keeping me away from writing.

I have managed to conquer the clutter and placement of objects in my living space.  I need to prioritize the things that are taking over my precious time.  I'm sure other writers and hopeful authors will agree.

See this social media bashing post in another blog:  
  
To balance out the space and time theme, I am typing  on my nifty, trendy iPad Mini.  It is small compared to a MacBook or desktop computer.  it is handy for reading news, blog posts,Tweets and books.  Unfortunately, its features hinder my content creation activities!   I am keeping this blog entry short because I am struggling with the on-screen keyboard.  Where in sanity's name are the arrow keys on this thing?  Give me a qwerty keyboard any day! 

Thanks for visiting and reading this wee post - if it ever gets published.  Safari kept choking on the preview.  I had to download Chrome from the App Store to continue.  Ack.  Technology. 


T

2 comments:

  1. "There are 3 roads to ruin; women, gambling and technicians. The most pleasant is with women, the quickest is with gambling, but the surest is with technicians." Georges Pompidou aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise, humorous words - and a history lesson. I had to Google Georges Pompidou.

    Thank you for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete