Sunday, October 21, 2012

We are star dust


Every day I am reminded that each of us humans has so much potential for good deeds in this world.  

I am also reminded that each of us is just a spec of dust within the grand scheme of things in this beautiful, mysterious universe.  We are connected.  We are star dust.  We are golden.

No, I haven't been smoking anything or taking mind altering drugs... It's the weekend and I'm procrastinating on housework.  

I find weekends or vacations are great times for reflection and deep blonde thoughts. While on vacation this month, I visited family members up north. Well, Sudbury is as north as we have migrated. 

Armed with my new digital camera, I took plenty of photographs on the bumpy flight up, during the enjoyable visit with a geriatric cat, her humans and on a excursion to Science North.



Science North Sudbury Ontario
Science North, Sudbury

I was educated and amused by the exhibits of rock, bones and pooh.  


Underground


Goofing it up with Mr. Bones.  We're all the same inside.



pooh samples at science north
Pooh samples.  Everybody poops.



I was amazed by the Hubble 3D IMAX movie.  
 

I sat in the theatre with my family and other viewers.  While wearing 3D glasses (and likely looking a bit goofy), I watched, agape as we followed the astronauts in their shuttle launches, earthly orbits and on their space walks.  

With the aid of a deep, wide space lens on the Hubble telescope and some computer animation, I travelled millions of light years and floated into a star nursery to witness what astronomers believe looks like the birth of new stars.

That is deep - and far out.  

Thanks for joining me on this little trip.  If you like my writing style, you may want to read The Year of the Rabbit, a novel about Fate, Family and Forgiveness. 

T

No comments:

Post a Comment