Sunday, March 28, 2010

You've got (less) mail

I think it's good to have interests in a variety of subjects. One could get spread too thinly though with time and energy spent by being involved or catching up on issues.


In an attempt to reduce my electronic distractions - especially that of mailing lists - I have decided to review the ones to which I subscribe.


The groups and organizations that send frequent messages hold varying degrees of importance to me. My catlike curiosity makes me want to know what's going on in different corners of my world. My limited time and patience meter though take precedence in my choices. Besides newsworthy items, if it doesn't help with my skills development or earning power, it will have to wait until a later time in my life.


Spring is here and the walking areas are clear. Time to get out and move the body more. Then there's that novel I have been avoiding...


So far this week, I have unsubscribed to three mailing lists. There will be more...


1 comment:

  1. You win some, you lose some.

    I seem to have gotten on someone's mailing list although I don't recall giving permission to add me. She's a well-meaning individual who is promoting a cause but in my view, tarnishing her credibility by sending unsolicited bulk email that includes links for people to follow. Uhhhh.. NO. Plus, she uses those corny email templates with added images and background colours. Eeesh. That's sooo 2002.


    1. Use a newsletter service or mailing list that requires people to subscribe;

    2. Don't send bulk messages;

    3. Recipients should NOT follow random links in these types of messages nor open attachments.

    ReplyDelete